Thursday, September 24, 2009

If you have class with a "C" and not a "K".....

For those that know me, you know I seldom hit up a museum, despite living in LA and having many wonderful ones virtually on my doorstep.....I always get in trouble at museums. I get too close to the art because I want to inspect the details & apparently, I set off silent alarms & panic security guards as I go. Not cool. My brother & I nearly got kicked out of the Getty because of such "behavior". I did not realize you could not get up close & personal....and, we were not touching anything -- what's the harm? Needless to say, I don't go to museums often. I think security is happier that way. ha ha!! I'm sorta "K"lassy when it comes to museums -- I am better off sticking to malls & home improvement stores, thanks.

Anyhow, for those of you that are Classy (& cultured), I found out that 22 So-Cal museums are doing a freebie soon....a "Free for All" if you will. Here is the skinny:

Museums Free for All
22 Los Angeles and Orange County Museums
Free Admission Days: October 3 and/or October 4, 2009

The following 22 museums — - - presenting art, cultural heritage, natural history, and science - - — will all open their doors wide & invite visitors free of charge for general admission. Here's the list!

Participating Museums:
* Armory Center for the Arts - Both Days
* Bowers Museum - Sunday, October 4th Only
* California African American Museum - Both Days
* California Heritage Museum - Saturday, October 3rd Only
* California Science Center - Both Days
* Craft and Folk Art Museum - Both Days
* Fowler Museum at UCLA - Both Days
* The Getty Center - Both Days- Timed tickets required
* The Getty Villa**- Both Days- Timed Tickets required
* The Grammy Museum at L.A. Live - Sunday, October 4th Only
* Hammer Museum at UCLA - Sunday, October 4th Only
* Japanese American National Museum - Saturday, October 3rd Only
* The Museum of Contemporary Art,
* Los Angeles (MOCA) - Sunday, October 4th Only
* Museum of Latin American Art (MoLAA) - Both Days
* Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County - Sunday October 4th Only
* Norton Simon Museum - Sunday, October 4th Only
* Orance County Center for Contemporary Art - Both Days
* Orange County Museum of Art - Both Days
* The Paley Center for Media - Both Days
* Santa Monica Museum of Art - Saturday, October 3rd Only
* Skirball Cultural Center - Sunday, October 4th Only
* The Studio for Southern California History - Saturday, October 3rd Only

I'm sure all these places have great gift shops to, therefore allowing me to say have fun, but also: HAPPY SHOPPING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue!! That is awesome!! You should really do a link to your FB so that everyone can be in on your great finds! Aside from that,I'm still waiting for you to do a post on all of those great household hints you have collected over the years!

I've been dying to take Daniel to a Family Sunday at LACMA, just not sure if he's ready yet. I know LACMA isn't! HAHA!!